SkyLab Ventures is Salt Lake City’s newest and most innovative venture capital fund. We are attempting to change the current venture capital model by a) deploying intelligent capital and not overcapitalizing businesses with too much capital too soon, b) adding tangible value by working closely with our portfolio companies to execute on their strategic initiatives and growth plans, and c) leading founders to a successful exit within two to three years from investment. We invest both minority and majority positions ($1.0M to $4.0M) in early stage (Series Seed and Series A) technology and consumer companies. Our level and type of involvement is tailored to specific company needs; we can either take an active role in the day-to-day operations, or a more periodic strategic advisory position.
We are searching for a Venture Capital Analyst to support our Associate and General Partners with deal sourcing and portfolio operations. The candidate will be responsible for sourcing new investment opportunities, preliminary and confirmatory diligence on new and live deals, and ongoing assistance with existing and new portfolio companies. Ideal candidates will have prior experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity, or Venture Capital; college seniors with strong internship experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity, or Venture Capital will be considered as well. The candidate must be a self-starter, creative, and able to learn quickly. Strong existing interest or experience in B2B SaaS and/or consumer product companies is a plus.
- Role. Venture Capital Analyst
- Location. Salt Lake City, Utah
- Job Description. Sourcing new investment opportunities and formulating investment theses, support Associate on preliminary and confirmatory diligence on new and live deals and ongoing advisory work with existing and new portfolio companies.
- Requirements. 6 months – 1 year in Investment Banking, Private Equity, or Venture Capital.
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills. Existing interest or experience in B2B SaaS and/or consumer product companies is a plus.
- This is a full-time role. Candidates will be expected to work in-office in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Compensation and benefits to be discussed during interview process.
- We are looking for a candidate who will grow within the team and is expected and inherit additional responsibly over their tenure at SkyLab Ventures.
- We dress casually, and very much value the family-like atmosphere.
To apply, please email your resume to Bobby Meinhold ([email protected]) and include the following in the body of the email: 1) a short description of yourself and why you would be a good fit for the position 2) a short overview of your interest in technology and/or consumer companies 3) a three sentence pitch on one company that you would invest $1.0M in and why, and 4) your top 3 non-work related hobbies.